Newly posted! Two new topical website sections for your reference and reflection:
- Fracking 101, a new section providing information about fracking
- Friendly Landscapes for Birds, Soil Organisms, Pollinators, and People, a new section exploring ideas for creating and cultivating healthy landscapes for Earth
The progress all across the continent is encouraging: Friends meetings throughout the U.S. and Canada are talking about their earthcare concerns and moving toward discerning how to respond to our call to ecological stewardship and sustainable living.
Here are a number of resources you can review and download to share with your meeting. You can also request information, toolkits, pamphlets, QEW speakers, and more!
• Many meetings and Friends organizations have come to unity on statements and minutes that they have shared with us. We post all the statements and minutes you send in the Speak Out section of our website. You’ll find the statements here: http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/minutes-and-statements-friends-meetings-and-organizations.
• Similarly, you can read and download all the statements QEW has drafted (http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/qew-speaks-out-statements-minutes) and get the latest edition of the shared statement on Climate Change from Quaker groups (http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/jan-2015-facing-challenge-climate-change-shared-statement-quaker-groups).
• Download PDFs of all our issues of BeFriending Creation (including this one!) as well as Quaker Earthcare Bulletins (detailed reports about specific earthcare concerns) from our website, at http://www.quakerearthcare.org/befriending-creation and http://www.quakerearthcare.org/quaker-eco-bulletin, respectively.
• Looking for something to display about the environment at your Yearly Meeting? We have a number of resources available to help you with that. Go to the Take QEW to Your Yearly Meeting page (http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/take-qew-your-yearly-meeting) to download everything you need to make tabletop display boards on Earth-related topics.
• Want to help bring your meeting up to speed on various earthcare issues? Request our Earthcare Witness Toolkit for Meetings. This toolkit includes a copy of Earthcare for Friends (a 264-page book), as well as a large collection of all of our latest pamphlets.
• Speaking of pamphlets, did you know that we’ve produced six new pamphlets in the last three years? You will find a complete listing of our available pamphlets online at http://www.quakerearthcare.org/pamphlets. You can download and share the pamphlets from the website or email Katherine to request printed copies to be sent through the mail.
• Getting educated about complicated earthcare topics can be a challenge, and for that reason we have a section on our website called Fossil Free Friends, where you can find (and share) everything you need to know about divesting from fossil fuels. Why does it matter, how does it fit Friends’ testimonies, and how can you get started? These materials would make a great resource for an ecologically-focused First Day school session. You’ll find Fossil Free Friends at http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/fossil-free-friends.
• A picture’s worth a thousand words. For the last several months, we’ve been preparing and sharing graphics on Facebook. We also post them on our website and hope Friends will download them and use them freely—in bulletins, newsletters, email messages, and more. You’ll find the graphics here: http://www.quakerearthcare.org/resource/graphical/get-qew-graphics-share.